[Zbrafish] Help with Transgenic constructi

Wei Xia via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by ilovequestions99 from gmail.com)
Mon May 4 11:19:12 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to study the regulatory sequences of a specific promoter.
So I will fuse the promoter to a LacZ reporter to generate a transgenic
zebrafish and see If It can drive expression of the LacZ in specifics areas
of the zebrafish brain.
I'm just wondering If in my construction I have to include the ATG
(translation start site) of the gene's promoter, or If it will works only
with the transcription start site, knowing that the LacZ Reporter has a
start codon?

Thank's for your help!