[Zbrafish] Re: ratio males/females

françois via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by busquet.francois from gmail.com)
Wed May 13 02:23:25 EST 2009

On May 12, 10:00 am, Sophie Louwette <sophielouwe... from hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Lately we are having problems with raising our zebrafish. The survival rate is fine (70%-80%) but the majority of them are males. We keep our fish on 26°C and not too crowded. I was wondering if there are correlations between temperature and density and the ratio of females/males. Maybe you can give us some advice on this issue.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sophie

> Je hele online leven op één stek met Windows Livehttp://www.microsoft.com/belux/nl/windows/windowslive/default.aspx

you can have a look at this paper:
2005 Animal Behaviour , 69, 1317–1323
Male territoriality mediates density and sex ratio effects on
oviposition in the zebrafish, Danio rerio
Rowena Spence,  and Carl Smith
Francois