[Zbrafish] Re: plastic molds for microinjecting Zebrafish embryos

Roy Edward via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by roy from biostatus.com)
Thu Nov 26 06:19:27 EST 2009

On Nov 25, 9:27 am, Marina Raya <marina.r... from gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> I would like to get some plastic molds for microinjecting Zebrafish
> embryos (as the ones described in the ZF book, chapter 5, cellular
> methods, A device to Hold Zebrafish Embryos during microinjection),
> but I can not find any provider.
> Do you know where can I order or get them?

Dear Marina

Please excuse the commercial response to this posting but this HAS
direct
relevance to your question and for others with the same technical
need.

A new methodology for this was published last week by the Kennedy lab,
Dublin.
Essentially, this uses a patented thermo-reversible hydrogel (CyGEL)
that
immobilizes the embryos, permits optimal positioning for injection and
then
simple recovery by briefly cooling, all done in a 3cm petri dish.

Alvarez Y, Astudillo O, Jensen L, Reynolds AL, Waghorne N, et al.
(2009)
Selective Inhibition of Retinal Angiogenesis by Targeting PI3 Kinase.
PLoS ONE 4(11): e7867. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0007867

Refer to Fig. S1 for the text/images describing the technique.

For more information and ordering info on CyGEL:
http://www.biostatus.com/product/cygel/

Alternatively, contact me directly.

Best regards
Roy

Roy Edward
Biostatus Limited
Tel: +44 1509 558 163 Fax: +44 1509 651 061
roy from biostatus.com     www.biostatus.com
Company No: 3079239. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Biostatus Ltd, 56 Charnwood Road,
Shepshed, Leicestershire, LE12 9NP, UK.