[Zbrafish] Biosecurity Measures

Jim Burris via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by j.burris from cellbio.duke.edu)
Fri Oct 23 12:44:54 EST 2009

We have a policy the restricts entry into our facility by  anyone who
has been in another fish facility or had contact with fish from
another facility within the last 24 hours.  The idea is that people
should have at least taken a shower and changed clothes before
entering our facility.  This policy was created to prevent the
introduction of any pathogens that could be transported on a persons
skin and clothing.   I would like to know if other zebrafish
facilities have a similar policy? If so, were there any specific
reasons why this policy was implemented?

Best Fishes,
Jim Burris