[Zbrafish] Dead Fish

Howie via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by hsirotkin from sunysb.edu)
Wed Apr 7 11:46:40 EST 2010

Hi,

We've been losing fish when we set up crosses. The problem is sporadic
on some days we lose no fish, on others several. It is not a case of
aggression, as lethality occurs even when dividers separate the fish.
The overwhelming majority of the effected fish are male. Prior to
dying the fish swim sideways (as if tricained)  and can sometimes be
rescued by a change of water.  The fish in the system appear fine and
the general water quality parameters are in line, but we have recently
had more algae growth then usual in the system.  Ideas? Similar
experiences?

Thanks,

Howie