[Zbrafish] Re: Dead Fish

Angela via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by busta.angela from gmail.com)
Thu Apr 8 07:40:13 EST 2010

On Apr 7, 12:46 pm, Howie <hsirot... from sunysb.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've been losing fish when we set up crosses. The problem is sporadic
> on some days we lose no fish, on others several. It is not a case of
> aggression, as lethality occurs even when dividers separate the fish.
> The overwhelming majority of the effected fish are male. Prior to
> dying the fish swim sideways (as if tricained)  and can sometimes be
> rescued by a change of water.  The fish in the system appear fine and
> the general water quality parameters are in line, but we have recently
> had more algae growth then usual in the system.  Ideas? Similar
> experiences?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Howie

I had all the fish I set up die one day, a couple years ago. We were
never really sure shy but we were concerned about the hose that
connected to the fish system. the fish in the system were fine. we
started flushing the water out of the hose before using it to fill
breeding tanks and we did not have the problem again.