[Zbrafish] Total number of RGCs

Cameron Wyatt via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by cwyatt42 from googlemail.com)
Thu Aug 12 14:22:53 EST 2010

I would like to know a rough figure for the total number of retinal
ganglion cells in a zebrafish eye.
I'm sure people must have an idea of what the total is but I have
failed to find it in print.
Ideally I'd like to know what the total for an embryonic eye is
(around 3dpf when vision is functional) but it would also be
interesting to know how this number compares to the number of RGCs in
the adult eye (to give an indication of the contribution of ongoing
neurogenesis).
Any information would be greatly appreciated (even educated guesses!).

Thanks in advance,
                            Cameron Wyatt