[Zbrafish] Zebrafish public outreach website

Caroline Parkin via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by caroline.parkin from sheffield.ac.uk)
Tue Jan 12 11:52:16 EST 2010

Hello All,

The Centre for Developmental and Biomedical Genetics (CDBG) at the
University of Sheffield has developed a website which explains our
work on zebrafish to the general public.  The site was created to
support our exhibit at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition
last year.  It outlines the work we do and also gives a very broad
introduction to why we use zebrafish for medical research and includes
a basic genetics introduction.

The site is www.fishforscience.com

It includes a number of pictures and videos, including ones we think
are pretty and ones that help explain our science or protocols (eg
dechorionating).

I hope that the site will be useful to the zebrafish community as a
whole and for anyone wanting to explain to friends and relatives the
kind of work that they do!

I'd like to continue to develop the site so if you have any
suggestions for improvements I'd really like to hear them, and also if
you have a website that you'd like me to link to, please let me know!

I look forward to hearing your comments.

Best wishes,

Caroline Parkin