[Zbrafish] Zinc Finger Nuclease Survey: suggestions for off-the-shelf models

Meera Saxena via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by mtsaxena0803 from gmail.com)
Tue Jul 27 12:57:57 EST 2010

Dear Zebrafish Researcher,

SAGE™ (Sigma® Advanced Genetic Engineering) Labs are experts at
designing Zinc Finger Nucleases (ZFN) for ZFN-animal model knock-outs
and have had a high success rate in a number of animal model systems.
SAGE™ Labs would like to expand its catalog of ZFN-based animal models
and is working with Luminomics Inc. to offer “off-the-shelf” ZFN
models for the zebrafish community. Currently SAGE™ Labs offers custom-
designed ZFNs at a premium price, allowing researchers to have
exclusive access to a given ZFN for a set time period. The more
affordable off-the-shelf models would be available to the entire
community, allowing more researchers to utilize this valuable
technology.

If you are interested in harnessing the expertise of SAGE™ Labs ZFN
researchers without the hassle of designing/optimizing/testing ZFNs
yourself, if you prefer to cut down time/cost issues by having
transgenic experts create ZFN models for you, please provide answers
to the following questions:

1. Which 5 ZFN knock-out zebrafish models would you like to see made
available (please provide gene name and/or accession number)?
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.

2. How much would you be willing to pay for
a. 50 or 100 ZFN embryos?
b. A ZFN mating pair?

3. How many times a year do you anticipate requesting either ZFN
embryos or mating pairs?

4. Would you like to be contacted if your ZFN model(s) of choice is/
are made available?

Email your completed survey answers to meera from luminomics.com with “Zinc
Finger Nuclease Survey” in the subject line. We assure you that if you
choose to answer this survey, you will not be contacted by us again
unless you have specifically requested we do so.

We appreciate your help and look forward to working with you!

Sincerely,

Meera Saxena
Luminomics Inc, President
1120 15th Street, CA-2105