[Zbrafish] fish breeding

judy via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by judy.rodda from otago.ac.nz)
Wed Jun 16 16:02:27 EST 2010

This is a two part question.  Does any lab have good data on the
better way to house zfish gender-wise? We currently keep our male and
female breeders together in the same tank and breed them not more than
every 2 weeks. Is it more common to house males and females separately
until time for breeding and maybe get better rates of both numbers of
eggs laid in addition to pairs successfully laying? The second part is
whether it is a common situation to have a female laying eggs before
the breeding divider has been lifted?  We have now had at least 3
strains where the female has laid eggs prior to having the centre
breeding divider lifted.

Many thanks,
Judy Rodda
Otago Zebrafish Facility Manager