[Zbrafish] Infection in zebrafish facility and problems with embryo/larvae survival

Vishal via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by vsaxena5 from gmail.com)
Wed Jun 16 20:52:55 EST 2010

Hi There,
I have a two part query.

1) We have been noticing adult zebrafish mortality in last couple of
months. The histo-pathological analysis confirmed bacterial/parasitic
infection in our fish. We are trying to treat our facility using HUWA-
SAN which is a hydrogen peroxide based disinfectant. I am wondering if
someone has used this chemical to treat sick zebrafish? Are there any
other products we can use to disinfect our facility? Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!

2) We are also facing problem with microinjected embryos/larvae
survival. We use 1X embryo medium with methylene blue to grow embryos
after microinjection but they keep dying within 5-6 days post-
fertilization. Has anyone experienced this problem before? any

Thank you,
Best regards,
Vishal