[Zbrafish] microinjectin into zebrafish embryo

Arash N. via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by arash321 from yahoo.com)
Wed Mar 10 12:08:43 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

I just had a question regarding the procedures that people follow regarding microinjections into Zebrafish embryos.

Where inside the yolk do you typically aim to inject, where would you ideally want to inject? Does it depend on what you are injecting?

I understand that as long as it can be transported by the cytoplasmic streaming it should work, does that mean that injecting into the centre of the yolk would be sufficient?

Are there any applications, where one would have to inject closer to the cells, and where injecting only into the centre of the yolk would not work?

Overall, what I am trying to understand is what applications require injections closer to the cells, and what applications work just fine if you merely inject the material into the centre of the yolk.

Any kind of feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you