[Zbrafish] Morpholino thoughts

Burdine, Rebecca D via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by rburdine from Princeton.EDU)
Thu Nov 18 11:14:04 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to get some general ideas about things to try and increase solubility of a morpholino.  We have one particular one that is reported to work from a very reliable lab, but we can't get it to give us any phenotypes.  Genetools has been really helpful, and has provided a small number of individual aliquots of this MO I can work with.

So I was trying to decide what to try and add to each one to see if I can increase solubility.  DMSO?  Alcohol?   Any thoughts?

Has anyone ever injected a DMSO solubilized drug?  If so, do you have any idea of the concentration of DMSO that can be injected without causing developmental defects?

Any ideas would be very welcome,

Rebecca D. Burdine, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Molecular Biology
Princeton University
Washington Road Mof 433
Princeton, NJ 08544
Phone: (609) 258-7515
Fax: (609) 258-6730
Email: rburdine from princeton.edu
Admin Assistant: Anna Schmedel (609) 258-5028