[Zbrafish] Software for DNA/Protein analysis

Burdine, Rebecca D via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by rburdine from Princeton.EDU)
Sat Oct 16 15:21:45 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I am looking to replace our DNA/Protein analysis software and wondered if anyone had a recommendation for a product that they liked.  I have a very old version of DNAStar that we like but isn't compatible with Windows 7. It is pretty expensive to replace so I want to check other options.

We need something pretty simple that will let us make DNA sequence files, protein sequence files, maps of features like restriction enzyme sites or domain regions, sequence alignment, etc.

Any suggestions?

Becky

Rebecca D. Burdine, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Molecular Biology
Princeton University
Washington Road Mof 433
Princeton, NJ 08544

Phone: (609) 258-7515
Fax: (609) 258-6730
Email: rburdine from princeton.edu<mailto:rburdine from princeton.edu>
Admin Assistant: Anna Schmedel (609) 258-5028