[Zbrafish] Re: Software for DNA/Protein analysis

dswagner from rice.edu via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by dswagner from gmail.com)
Wed Oct 20 07:44:00 EST 2010

Hi Becky,
  I'm a big fan of geneious.  It's very well integrated and does
pretty much everything I need in a single package. Its essentially a
graphical interface for various public apps but because it's all in a
single platform the activation energy for students to learn new
functions is pretty low and no one needs to know how to run them from
a unix environment.. It's also regularly updated. It can get pretty
pricey with multiple licenses but I think it's worth it.

Dan Wagner