[Zbrafish] Stability of zebrafish GFP transgenics

Shia, Alice K H via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by a.shia from imperial.ac.uk)
Thu Oct 28 05:59:23 EST 2010

Hi all,

We have something weird going on in our lab at the moment. Homozygous transgenic lines have started to lose their gfp signal or some of the lines have become more and more heterogenous in their gfp expression in embryos.

Does everyone select their rearing embryos at every generation? These are published lines and were fine when we started using them. Some have been reared for 2-3 generations (inbreeding cross) and some have been outcrossed and reselected. The lines have arrived from different labs.

Any advice would be helpful.

Many thanks

Alice shia