[Zbrafish] RE: Stability of zebrafish GFP transgenics

Burdine, Rebecca D via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by rburdine from Princeton.EDU)
Thu Oct 28 13:52:07 EST 2010

Hi Alice,

Lines can undergo silencing across generations.  We always choose the brightest GFP carriers when we incross or outcross and only raise those.  See the paper below for some more details.

Becky

Transcriptional silencing and reactivation in transgenic zebrafish.<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19433629> Goll MG, Anderson R, Stainier DY, Spradling AC, Halpern ME.

Genetics. 2009 Jul;182(3):747-55. Epub 2009 May 11.

Rebecca D. Burdine, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Molecular Biology
Princeton University