[Zbrafish] Re: Short half-life version of EGFP (such as pd2EGFP sold by Clontech)

genetrapper via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by genetrapper from gmail.com)
Sat Apr 30 20:28:59 EST 2011

On Apr 14, 10:11 am, Vishal <vsaxe... from gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if some one is using short half-life version of EGFP
> (such as pd2EGFP sold by Clontech). We are planning to buy this
> plasmid but want to make sure beforehand that people using this
> plasmids are happy with it.
>
> Please let me know your feedback about this plasmid.
> Many thanks in advance,
> Best regards,
> Vishal

I have both the d2EGFP and the d4EGFP.  I haven't got a feeling if I
can really see a difference between the two as I have only used the
d4EGFP recently.  However, they seem to work well and have a short
half-life (not sure that it's exactly 2 and 4 hours, but much less
than a normal GFP).

Karl Clark