[Zbrafish] RNA extraction from fixed samples

hannah.rouse.09 from ucl.ac.uk via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by hannah.rouse.09 from ucl.ac.uk)
Thu Dec 15 07:49:03 EST 2011

Hello,

I would like to do qPCR and a microarray from zebrafish brains, but I
need to fix them before RNA extraction and purification.  Has anyone
done this, and what sort of yield did you get from it?

Invitrogen has a nucleic acid isolation kit, which can purify from
fixed samples that have been in paraffin, http://products.invitrogen.com/ivgn/product/AM1975
and I am thinking of using this, without the deparaffinization step,
but if anyone has any prior experience of this, or a better/different
way of isolating the RNA, please let me know!!

Many thanks,

Hannah