[Zbrafish] Re: RNA extraction from fixed tissue

hannah.rouse.09 from ucl.ac.uk via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by hannah.rouse.09 from ucl.ac.uk)
Mon Dec 19 10:05:13 EST 2011

Hello,

Thanks for this.  Unfortunately I really need the fixation step, as I
want to cut down the midline and then compare expression between the
left and right sides of the brain.  I have already tried the Trizol
method, and while this does work really well in RNA extraction, I
cannot dissect enough - only up to removing the eyes and jaw - to make
the comparison work and to see the changes I clearly see via in situ.

I guess I am going to give the invitrogen kit a go, as it says to work
on fixed, paraffin tissue to a quality which is usable for qPCR and
microarrays

Thanks again

Hannah

(Wilson Group, UCL)