[Zbrafish] Help with Tg fish breeding

Diane Krill via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by admin from allodiscovery.com)
Sat Feb 19 10:39:15 EST 2011

 We have been breeding transgenic zebras, Tg(kdrl:EGFP)s843 line,
which was working well for a few months but the female has stopped
producing eggs! The pair that we are using are only a year old. We
were getting 40 at a time collecting once per month, and nothing else
has changed about the conditions (pH, temp) water, light, food). We
have tried separating the male, with and without a breeding tank. Has
anyone had this difficulty - does this mean we have to buy additional
fish?