[Zbrafish] How to remove the yolk?

Grzegorz Burzynski via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by g.m.burzynski from gmail.com)
Wed Jan 5 13:27:00 EST 2011

Easiest way is mechanical dissociation by pipetting embryos up and down
10-20 times with your p200 and gentle spin afterwards.
Sounds like a cave man recipe but it is very efficient.

Greg

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:35 AM, eSAM <samarut.eric from orange.fr> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I'm planning to extract protein from whole embryos (from 36 to 72hpf).
> I saw that it is better to work on dechorionated and deyolked
> embryo...
> My question is about how to remove yolk? I saw that by triturating
> embryos in cold Ringer's, it should work...but you start from alive
> embryos? or already fixed?
> Could you give me some tips for this (I guess) easy step.
> Many thanks,

Grzegorz Burzynski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral fellow, McCallion lab
McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
BRB Room 446
733 N. Broadway
Baltimore, MD, 21205-1832
USA