[Zbrafish] How to remove the yolk?

Tim Erickson via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by ericksti from ohsu.edu)
Wed Jan 5 14:08:12 EST 2011

I'd recommend checking out this paper for an excellent yolk removal protocol
Tim Erickson

On Jan 5, 2011, at 8:35 AM, eSAM wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm planning to extract protein from whole embryos (from 36 to 72hpf).
I saw that it is better to work on dechorionated and deyolked
My question is about how to remove yolk? I saw that by triturating
embryos in cold Ringer's, it should work...but you start from alive
embryos? or already fixed?
Could you give me some tips for this (I guess) easy step.
Many thanks,

Zbrafish mailing list
Zbrafish from net.bio.net<mailto:Zbrafish from net.bio.net>

Timothy Erickson
Postdoctoral Researcher
Nicolson Lab
Oregon Hearing Research Center