[Zbrafish] How to remove the yolk?

Tim Erickson via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by ericksti from ohsu.edu)
Wed Jan 5 14:08:12 EST 2011

Hi,
I'd recommend checking out this paper for an excellent yolk removal protocol
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-213X/6/1
<http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-213X/6/1>
Regards,
Tim Erickson

On Jan 5, 2011, at 8:35 AM, eSAM wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm planning to extract protein from whole embryos (from 36 to 72hpf).
I saw that it is better to work on dechorionated and deyolked
embryo...
My question is about how to remove yolk? I saw that by triturating
embryos in cold Ringer's, it should work...but you start from alive
embryos? or already fixed?
Could you give me some tips for this (I guess) easy step.
Many thanks,

Timothy Erickson
Postdoctoral Researcher
Nicolson Lab