[Zbrafish] squeezing females

Steven Waldron via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by waldrons from u.washington.edu)
Mon Jan 10 13:43:37 EST 2011

I find it is helpful to breed the to-be-squeezed females a week in
advance of the procedure- this helps to ensure the eggs will be of good
quality.  I also set the female up in a divided breeding cage with a
male the night before- perhaps the amorous advances of the male helps
ease the flow of eggs?

best regards,
Steve Waldron
University of Washington, Seattle