[Zbrafish] Re: Zebrafish facility problem - underdevelopment of embryos

chubbyjayu via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by chubbyjayu from gmail.com)
Wed Jan 12 09:39:49 EST 2011

If I may interject, I keep around 150 embryos in the same 9cm dish,
and they grow just fine. So overcrowding may not necessarily be the
problem.
You could be getting some sort of contam <bacterial/fungal> from the
fecal matter of the adults which might be causing the unexpected
death. The only solution to this would be to rinse in 3 changes of E3,
or dechlorinated water.
Temperature does play an important part in the development, but it
shouldn't cause so much retardation which finally causes death <unless
you are keeping the embryos on ice or some such>.

regards,
jayasree