[Zbrafish] Back once more for IACUC help

Michael Lardelli via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by michael.lardelli from adelaide.edu.au)
Thu Mar 3 18:38:12 EST 2011

Fish must also experience stress merely though handling of tanks (e.g.
changes in light intensity coming from the surface below them) and will be
stressed by netting for placement in a tricaine solution etc. One advantage
of the ice slurry method is that it can be performed so rapidly with minimum
handling beforehand. At least that is one of the arguments I have put to our
Animal Ethics Committee. Regards, Michael.

Michael Lardelli
Zebrafish Genetics Laboratory
School of Molecular and Biomedical Science The University of Adelaide,
AUSTRALIA 5005
Ph    : +61 8 8303 3212
Fax   : +61 8 8303 4362
e-mail: michael.lardelli from adelaide.edu.au CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.