[Zbrafish] Pseudocapillaria infection treatments

Aaron Steiner via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by asteiner69 from hotmail.com)
Thu Mar 24 14:59:07 EST 2011

We recently found out that our quarantine-room fish are carrying a
nematode called Pseudocapillaria tomentosa, which may be killing them
off slowly. I have read that a combination of trichlorfon and
mebendazole or Ivermectin can be used to treat this infection. Is
anybody familiar with these treatments, appropriate dosage, or their
effectiveness and possible side-effects? Can anyone recommend an
alternative treatment for this disease? Any help would be very much
appreciated.
Thanks,
Aaron Steiner