[Zbrafish] Spontaneous death of females

chubbyjayu via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by chubbyjayu from gmail.com)
Thu May 5 05:42:20 EST 2011

Hi Folks!

I came this morning to the lab to find an entire bunch of wild type
females dead. They were healthy, breeding females who were 9 month
olds. They showed no signs of distress when I left yesterday in the
evening.
Upon death, the females were positioned ventral side up, floating on
top of the beaker, with a curve to the spine. There seemed to be blood
pooled around the heart. The troubling matter is in all the tanks
where the fish died, there we other females, and they seem to be doing
fine!
I havent seen such presentation on death. Generally, the fish float on
their sides in the tank when dead.
Could someone out there help me figure out what's gone wrong?

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheerio,