[Zbrafish] Joung Lab TALEN plasmids now available at Addgene

Keith Joung via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by keith.joung from zincfingers.org)
Wed Nov 2 08:11:41 EST 2011

A quick note just to let you all know that our plasmids for assembling
TALENs are now available at Addgene.  You can obtain the full set,
which includes all of the TALE repeat plasmids and the TALEN
expression vectors (32 plasmids total) , as a kit for $300.  You can
find the kit here:  http://www.addgene.org/talengineering/TALENkit/.
You can also request plasmids individually if you wish.  TALENs we
made to specific endogenous zebrafish gene targets (described in
Sander et al., Nat Biotechnol. 2011) have also been deposited.  An
index of all of the TALEN-related reagents can be accessed here:
http://www.addgene.org/talengineering/.

As noted in an earlier post, we have recently upgraded our ZiFiT
Targeter software to include support for TALENs.  With this new
version of ZiFiT Targeter, you can identify potential TALEN target
sites.  In addition, the program also generates customized graphical
guides that provide a user-friendly roadmap for assembling your
specific TALENs of interest.  The program is web-based and, as with
all previous versions of ZiFiT, available without registration.  You
can access the program here:  http://zifit.partners.org/zifitbeta.