[Zbrafish] Re: Bleaching zebrafish embryos

Marie-Élise Schwartz via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by missames1604 from hotmail.com)
Tue Nov 22 08:43:57 EST 2011

On Nov 21, 9:26 pm, Vishal <vsaxe... from gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Most of the bleaching protocol suggest to bleach zebrafish embryos
> between 10-28 hpf. I am wondering if it is harmful when we bleach
> emrbyos before 10 hpf? Please help me. Best regards....Vishal

Hi

In my lab, we don't bleach the zebrafish embryos before 24-48 hpf
(beginning of pigmentation).
Why do you need bleached embryos ? if it's for in situ hybridization
or immunostaining, the bleaching occurs after fixation, dehydration
and rehydration of embryos.
If you want a protocol, ask me.
Best regards,
Marie-Élise