[Zbrafish] Re: Bleaching zebrafish embryos

Vishal via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by vsaxena5 from gmail.com)
Tue Nov 22 16:45:03 EST 2011

On Nov 22, 8:43 am, Marie-Élise Schwartz <missames1... from hotmail.com>
wrote:
> On Nov 21, 9:26 pm, Vishal <vsaxe... from gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
>
> > Most of the bleaching protocol suggest to bleach zebrafish embryos
> > between 10-28 hpf. I am wondering if it is harmful when we bleach
> > emrbyos before 10 hpf? Please help me. Best regards....Vishal
>
> Hi
>
> In my lab, we don't bleach the zebrafish embryos before 24-48 hpf
> (beginning of pigmentation).
> Why do you need bleached embryos ? if it's for in situ hybridization
> or immunostaining, the bleaching occurs after fixation, dehydration
> and rehydration of embryos.
> If you want a protocol, ask me.
> Best regards,
> Marie-Élise

Hi Marie-Elise,
We only introduce bleached embryos in our facility to avoid any
contamination. After bleaching we grow them to adulthood but we always
find some babies with kink or bend near caudal fin. Thats'why I
thought that bleaching at early stage might affect development.
Thanks for your help,
Best regards,
Vishal