[Zbrafish] acridine orange staining: exposure to UV increase the death cell?

mengqi chen via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by mengqi.chen85 from gmail.com)
Thu Oct 20 03:48:24 EST 2011

Hi,

I have experineced some trouble in using Acridine Orange staining in
48hpf zebrafish embryos. It seems to me that, exposure to the UV light
(from the microscope) would significantly increase cell death in fish
embryos. After ~ 1 mins exposure, the death cell could rise from ~ 0
to ~ more than 150. Therefore, I doubt the result would be reliable
under this circumstance. Did any one experience similar problems? And
is there suggestions on it? Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Mengqi