[Zbrafish] sorting out transgenic fish

Bugeon, Laurence via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by l.bugeon from imperial.ac.uk)
Tue Sep 20 12:02:22 EST 2011

Dear Megha,
you can do a fin clip on anesthetized fish and a DNA extraction by simple boiling method and do a PCR for the transgene.
laurence

Dr Laurence Bugeon
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology
Sir Alexander Fleming
Imperial College London
SW7 2AZ, London UK

l.bugeon from imperial.ac.uk
From: zbrafish-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [zbrafish-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] on behalf of megha [downandburied from gmail.com]
Sent: 20 September 2011 15:24
To: bionet-organisms-zebrafish from moderators.isc.org
Subject: [Zbrafish] sorting out transgenic fish

Hi all !
we got a batch of fish from a different lab. The batch has a mixed
group of fish, transgenic and WT. I am trying to determine which fish
are transgenic and which are not. We are currently trying to breed
them to check for transgene but could anyone suggest a molecular
method to determine which fish are transgenic?
thanks