[Zbrafish] Brine Shrimp Sources

Michelle Emond via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by emond.4 from osu.edu)
Thu Feb 23 15:40:47 EST 2012

Hi all,
Artemia cyst prices from our usual source have jumped, and so I'm
curious about your sources for cysts.  We've been getting Great Salt
Lake origin cysts (85% hatch rate).  Also, when talking to another
company, they mentioned a product called AlgaMac 3050, which they said
can be used to fortify the brine shrimp before feeding it to the fish,
which increases the nutritional content.  Do any of you use this or a
similar product?

Thanks very much!
Michelle
Ohio State University