[Arabidopsis] Yellowing seedlings on MS

Lars Hennig via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Lars.Hennig from slu.se)
Tue May 29 01:46:42 EST 2012

This is a common problem of two strong MS. Use 0.5 x MS instead.

Good luck,

Lars

-----Original Message-----
From: arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Pablo JENIK
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 16:09
To: arab-gen from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: [Arabidopsis] Yellowing seedlings on MS

Dear Colleagues,

I'm looking for clues in solving a growing problem (no pun intended).
When we grow our Arabidopsis (a variety of genotypes) on standard MS plates (1x MS, 1% sucrose, 1x Gamborg's vitamins), the seedlings look yellow-green instead of bright green, and the cots seem to curve down.
Seedlings growing on soil side-by-side with those growing on the plates (same growth chamber, same lights) look fine. Any ideas about what may be going on and how to solve it?

Thank you very much,

Pablo

--
Pablo Jenik