[Arabidopsis] Contamination of Arabidopsis seedlings

Eloísa Hernández Lucero via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by luceroeloyxa from gmail.com)
Tue May 29 12:22:44 EST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I'm looking for some help. We are having serious problems with fungal
contamination when working with two mutant lines of Arabidopsis. The
seeds germinate well in MS medium, but after week starts
contamination, specifically in mutant seeds because in the same plate
are grown on one side wild seeds and are not contaminated. We tested
sterilized seeds with ketoconazole, also a sterilization protocol with
70% ethanol solution prior to sterilization with chlorine and 1% SDS
but so far we have not had good results. Any idea that could help to
prevent this contamination?

Thank you very much,

Eloísa

--