[Arabidopsis] postdoctoral opportunity

Tobias Baskin via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by baskin from bio.umass.edu)
Tue May 7 17:20:15 EST 2013

Greetings,
	Please bring this ad to the attention of anyone plausibly
interested. Thanks. Tobias

A postdoctoral position is available to study the relation between
cell wall structure and morphogenesis. The project uses the emerging
model grass, Brachypodium distachyon. We are characterizing a set of
mutants with aberrant root morphology and we are inactivating genes
that are known in other species to be important for expansion
anisotropy. Finally we are also imaging the cell wall at high
resolution with SEM. The position requires a Ph.D. in a relevant area
of biology and preference will be given to candidates having
experience with either molecular genetics of grasses or
ultrastructure (especially AFM or high resolution-SEM). The Baskin
lab participates actively in the University of Massachusetts-Amherst
Interdisciplinary Program in Plant Biology and also in a cluster of
campus scientists on working on B. distachyon. The University of
Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and I encourage all
qualified persons to apply. To apply, please send your cv to
baskin from bio.umass.edu. Check http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/baskin/
for (somewhat outdated) information about my lab and feel free to
contact me for more information.
--
      /  \   /          / \    /   \ \       Tobias I. Baskin