[Arabidopsis] Best ways to promote flowering of extremely late-flowering ecotypes

Fan, Baofang via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by bfan from purdue.edu)
Thu May 23 07:18:18 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

We recently ordered a few ecotypes originated from Ukraine that are apparently extremely late flowering.  The plants have been in a growth chamber with 16/8 h photoperiod for more than five months with 2 weeks in a cold room at their rosette stage and there is no sign that they are going to flower soon.  I know there are many people out there working on flowering and there must be people who know the best ways to make these extremely late-flowering ecotypes flower early and I would greatly appreciate it if people can share with me their advices.  We want to use these ecotypes for genetic crossing and really hate it if we have to spend years to get the F2 progeny.

Thanks a lot,
B. Fan