IUBio

[Arabidopsis] unable to access the TAIR website from China

P. Rocha via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by procha_ac from yahoo.co.uk)
Mon May 27 20:37:05 EST 2013

Hello,

Currently in China (the one-party controlled mainland that is) I find myself unable to access the TAIR website. This was not a problem until recently. I am informed by my contacts that the site is fully functional and can be reached from Australia and from Europe. I was wondering if anyone is having similar problems in China or elsewhere in Asia? In other words, is this a local technical glitch or a result of the all-prevailing sinister censorship? "Tiananmen" I get, but "Arabidopsis"?!

Can anyone at TAIR do anything about it?

Many thanks,

Pedro Rocha