[Arabidopsis] Postdoc in shoot branching control, Madrid

Pilar Cubas via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by pcubas from cnb.csic.es)
Tue Jan 28 13:33:58 EST 2014

The Laboratory of Dr. PilarCubas(Centro Nacionalde Biotecnología-CSIC,
Madrid) is looking for a postdoctoral candidate to apply for a 3 year
contract of the Spanish government postdoctoral program (MINECO).

Candidates with a Ph.D. in Life Sciences obtained after August 2009,
first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals and a strong
background in molecular biology, developmental biology and plant
genetics or agronomical studies are encouraged to apply.

Our groupis studying the genetic control of shoot branching, a major
determinant of plant architecture. In previous years we have
characterized BRANCHED1 (BRC1), an Arabidopsis TCP factor that prevents
bud outgrowth.We have isolated BRC1-like genes in species of agronomical
interest such as tomato and potato and we are now studying their
evolution and function. In addition we are characterizing the putative
strigolactone(SL) receptor,AtD14, and studying its molecular activity in
SL signalling. Further details can be found in http://goo.gl/AKZEEg.

The postdoc will work in one of the following topics:

1. Strigolactonesignaling in Arabidopsis.

2. Identification of new genes controlling shoot branching.

3. Development of tools to improve plant architecture in crop species.

3. BRC1transcriptional regulators and target genes.

5. BRC1and the control of cell proliferation.

6. Evolution and function of BRC1-like genes in Solanaceae.

Please send CV, brief description of previous research and names of two
references to PilarCubas(pcubas from cnb.csic.es <mailto:pcubas from cnb.csic.es>)

--
Pilar Cubas
Investigadora del CSIC