[Arabidopsis] Plant Molecular Biology GRC June 2016

Mary Lou Guerinot via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Mary.Lou.Guerinot from dartmouth.edu)
Wed Mar 9 11:08:30 EST 2016

Dear Colleagues,
We are three months away from the joint Gordon Research Conference and Seminar on Plant Molecular Biology: How Plants Sense, Process, Integrate and Store Information taking place in Holderness, NH June 12-17, 2016. The exciting programs have been posted online (GRC<https://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?id=11955> and GRS<https://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?id=16618>) and spots are filling up quickly!
We want to be sure that everyone knows we will be picking 40% of the GRC speakers from submitted Abstracts, so you have an excellent chance to give an oral presentation at this meeting.  This is a great opportunity especially for graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and early career investigators.  Importantly, there are some GRC sponsored fellowships available, including support for early career scientists, under-represented minority faculty and students and faculty from predominantly undergraduate institutions. Once you apply, more details about these fellowships will be provided.  We are also busy raising funds from federal and private sources to partially offset costs for participants.
The GRS, being held for the second time, will provide a unique opportunity for students and postdocs who will be able to present their research and network among peers, prior to joining the GRC.
We have extended the GRS Speaker Abstract Deadline to April 1st.  Applications for the GRS must be submitted by May 14th, 2016 and for the GRC by May 15th, 2016.
Please feel free to contact us if you encounter any difficulties in the application process or if you have any questions.
Best,
Mary Lou Guerinot and Gloria Coruzzi
Co-Chairs of the 2016 Plant Molecular Biology GRC
Garo Akmakjian and Joseph Swift
Co-Chairs of the 2016 Plant Molecular Biology GRS