[Biophysics] Mechanism of cold denaturation

Protenger via biophys%40net.bio.net (by yellowish At gmail.com)
Tue Jan 16 05:41:15 EST 2007

Hi all
I'm confused about cold denaturation, I read "cold denaturation of
proteins" by privalov, but beside thermodynamics explanation of
this phenomenon there must be molecular mechanism by which
this type of denaturation can be described. for example why
hydrophobic interactionof proteins weakened at low temperature
in spite of lower entropy and what is the role ofwater.
I would be appreciated if anybody give simple description of
thermodynamics concept of this event and also molecular
mechanism of that.
sorry for bad english

Thanks for your help
Protenger