The September 1992 issue of the EMBL CD-ROM will consist of two disks for the
first time. We have arranged directories and files so that typical things can
still be comfortably performed if you just have one CD-ROM drive.
However, those people who use the EMBL CD-ROM on file servers may need this
advance warning to rearrange their activity.
Existing or prospective subscribers for the 1992/3 susbcription period need do
nothing extra - the prices are the same - you will get both disks together. We
expect to distribute this issue in 7-10 days.
On volume 1, we include:
- EMBL and Swiss-Prot in their flat-file distribution format
- the MS-DOS and Mac query retrieval software and indices (which
operate on the above flat-files)
- related databases, particularly those with cross-references to/from the
sequence databases (eg EPD, ECD, Prosite, Enzyme, REBASE)
On volume 2, we include:
- EMBL and Swiss-Prot in a 'FASTA' format, for use with Bill Pearson's
FASTA for Mac or PC.
- EMBLSCAN PC program and indices for fast lookup for very similar sequences
in the EMBL nucleotide database.
- a whole host of other molecular biology databases
(eg TFD, FlyBase, Kabat, Berlin RNA database, RLDB, Seqanalref, tRNA, BLOCKS)
EMBL Data Library