[Employment] Please post this AD

Diane Rodriguez via biojobs%40net.bio.net (by diane.rodriguez from stonybrook.edu)
Fri Oct 18 08:18:16 EST 2013

Please post this ad so eligible candidates can view it.

Thanks!

*Research Technician I*

The Biochemistry and Cell Biology at Stony Brook University has an opening
for a Research Technician I. The Research Technician I will maintain and
care for a zebrafish aquatic facility as well as train undergraduate
assistants. Duties include the following: Zebrafish husbandry, including
raising, breeding and genotyping the zebrafish. Zebrafish aquatic system
maintenance, including water testing and other maintenance.  Train and
oversee undergraduate assistant technicians who will aid in feeding. Order
materials and supplies. Education in Biology or related field. One year of
full time laboratory experience. Proven ability to communicate effectively
in a laboratory setting, i.e., relay data results, place orders. BS in
scientific field preferred. Familiarity with aquaculture, as well as
molecular biology techniques such as PCR based genotyping and DNA
extractions.

*Application Procedure:* Those interested in this position should submit a
Resume and Cover Letter to:

Dr. Benjamin Martin
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology
450 Life Sciences Building
Stony Brook University

Stony Brook, NY 11794-5215
Fax # 631-632-8575

Visit www.sunysb.edu/cjo and apply to *REF#:* WC-R-7068-13-10-F**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Diane Rodriguez
Staff Assistant for HR
Biochemistry & Cell Biology
450 Life Sciences Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, New York 11794-5215
email: Diane.Rodriguez from Stonybrook.edu
phone: 631-632-1474
fax: 631-632-8575
zip: 5215*
*http://www.stonybrook.edu/*