Life Cycle Images

ctfaulkn at utkvx.utk.edu ctfaulkn at utkvx.utk.edu
Tue Apr 26 13:05:29 EST 1994

In Article <199404261559.IAA15536 at net.bio.net>
Robin_Beech at maclan.mcgill.ca ("Robin Beech") writes:
>                          What About...
> Life Cycle Images
>One of the most common slides presented during parasitology seminars is the
>obligatory "lifecycle of my parasite". What do people think about the use of
>an archive containing images of various parasite lifecycles which could be
>used to produce these slides?

I think its a great idea.  However, I am concerned that those downloading the
images remember to give credit to the authors of the lifecycles. I frequently
cut and paste images drawn from a number of sources to produce a lifecycle
for a parasite i'm interested in at the moment. Most of the time there is no
comparable image available in the formal literature, or I would use it.  We
need to keep in mind that even the "obligatory lifecycle" image is someone's
creative achievement.