economic imortance of ticks

Alan Alan
Tue Nov 21 11:55:46 EST 1995

Dear Colleagues

I am preparing a review of some our groups work on tick salivary
prostaglandins and I should like to convey to the reader the importance/
impact of ticks.  I am aware of the articles by Steelman (1976) and the
FAO's data of 1984.  However, I was wondering if anybody knew of any more
recent data relating to the impact of ticks - either the cost of tick
damage or tick control measures - in the veterinary or medical arena.

Any information is most welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Alan S. Bowman