I believe the question here relates to ALL dog parasites that might
be tranmitted to children via soil contaminated with dog feces.
Toxicara, ascarids, tapeworms, protozoa and others. I understand
there are some chemical sprays that kennels use to control the spread
of parasites on premises. I would like to know how effective these
are for various parasites, and how residual the chemical is. It
might take longer to clear the chemical than just time working on the
parasites. How about clorox bleach diluted to 5%? I know it is often
used effectively to control bacteria. How abut "safe" products like
neem oil spray? Can anyone reading this offer any suggestions of
on options, or where to look??
Thanks, I would love to hear any comments
>> We have moved to a house whose garden was covered with dog faeces,
> from the previous occupants. We have two very young children, and
> there is the obvious risk. One cannot guarantee that a child will not
> put his fingers in his mouth sometime.
>> I am aware that the soil does not *become* dangerous for around 2
> weeks after the dog has done its business.
>> How many months do the eggs take to decay in the soil?
>> I posted this question in some dog owners' groups, with no response,
> not suprisingly.