Epidermal Zoonotic Nematodes?!?

lurker amanita69 at prodigy.net
Wed Mar 10 16:49:34 EST 1999

To the newsgroup:

I would appreciate any assistance that can be shed upon a situation.
    This morning I was lying on the floor, and noticed a slight burning,
itching spot on my hand.  I looked closely at the source of irritation and
could only see a tiny, threadlike object.  I quickly grabbed my hand lens,
and was shocked to see what looked like a nematode or other worm-like
creature with one end imbedded in my flesh!  It was about one millimeter in
thickness and 3-4 mils in length, with a clear body, and a dark line of
nerves(digestive sys.?) from one end to the other.   I still don't have any
idea what it was, or where it came from.

Any help would be great.  I am slightly aquainted with parasites through
college courses;  could this organism be connected to our cats?  We have
three in a rather smallish apt., and litter does tend to get on the
carpetting from time to time...

Thanks!!
--
Phlappin' my gums,