Tape worms

Judy/Bob Dilworth dilworth at megsinet.net
Mon May 10 15:46:46 EST 1999

I agree with Dr. Pappas.  Also, tapeworms are far from "little pests".
The fish tapeworm, D. latum, can get to be 25 feet long!  Have you had
her to a pediatric gastroenterologist?  This would make MUCH more sense
than an iridologist.  Diagnosis of a tapeworm is done by seeing the
segments passed in the stool (and having a competent lab identify them)
or seeing the eggs in the stool (microscopically - again by a
laboratory).  If nothing else, you have nice pictures of your daughter's
eyes, for which you probably paid dearly.

Tapeworms are picked up by ingesting the segment or the egg from fecal
contamination of whatever you're eating.  Ask this iridologist about the
tapeworm's life cycle (after you look it up first).  I'll bet she
doesn't have a clue.

Judy Dilworth, M.T. (ASCP)
Microbiology 25 years