HELP:Anethole and Rosmarinic acid

K S Avadhani ksa at asimov.oit.umass.edu
Mon Aug 5 15:46:11 EST 1996

I am a graduate student at university of massachusetts, Amherst and am
working towards my master's thesis dealing with synthesis of ANETHOLE
from ANISE plant and ROSMARINIC ACID from shoots and callus organs of
ROSEMARY. I would appreciate anybody who could suggest for my literature
survey on these plant metabolites with regard to following issues.
a) Papers, Journals, Letters, Textbook pages, Web sites/http addresses
dealing with information on the plant metabolites mentioned above
b) Any unusual applications of the above metabolites in food, drug,
pharameucitical, cosmetics industries, researches being conducted or
already in use.
I am aware that ROSMARINIC ACID is a good anti-oxidant and has potential
use in prevention/control of lipid oxidation of meat /meat products etc.
But I have little knowledge on ANETHOLE other than its anti-microbial function.

I would appreciate any literature on these metabolites

Please correspond to:

AVADHANI K.S
Dept of food science,
Univ. of Massachusetts,
Amherst, Ma-01003
Phone# (413)-253-4002 (Res.) or (413)-545-1022 (off.)
E-mail: ksa at foodsci.umass.edu